Biopolymer coated paper & board
Worldstar Packaging Award Winning Product
With the emphasis on delivering sustainable products, Safepack has developed a new innovative product range, “Safecompost” – A truly compostable/fully biodegradable material which comprises of a biopolymeric material coated onto paper/paperboard. Safecompost biodegrades within a few weeks, leaving no harmful residues in environment. Biopolymers used as Safecompost coating materials are based either on starch or native oil esters. These biopolymers correspond to the regulations of the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive (94/62/EC) and their compostability is certified according to EN 13432.
Biopolymer coating on paper/ paperboard packaging materials are very promising systems for the future improvement of food packaging. They have potential environmental advantages over conventional synthetic paper coatings.
- Chromo paper / Biopolymer
- Cupstock board / Biopolymer
- Truly compostable Eco Friendly Product
- Complies with food safety requirements for direct food contact
- Excellent Heat sealability on continuous FFS machine
- Excellent gas barrier
- Excellent printing effect on paper / paperboard surface
- Optimum tear strength
- “Safecompost” is a Worldstar and Indiastar packaging award winner.
- As portion pack for packaging of sugar, salt, pepper, etc. in sachets
- Compostable Cups for hot & cold beverages
- Grammage –
- 50 gsm Chromo Paper / 20 – 30 gsm Biopolymer
- 170 – 250 gsm Cupstock board / 15 – 20 gsm Biopolymer
- Width –
- Jumbo reel form 900 mm – 1850 mm
- Slitted coils – As per the requirement
- Sheet form for Cupstock – As per the requirement
- Max Cutting Width 1400mm
- Max Cutting Length 1200mm