VCI Master batch
Safepack VCI Masterbatch is a nitrite-free anti-corrosion material designed for protecting the product it is stored in from corrosion. It is available in granules or pellets and used to create an end product that combines the properties of polyethylene resin and VCI.
- Combination of contact and volatile vapour anti-corrosion additives to represent efficient corrosion inhibition system for protection of metals
- Combines properties of PE resin and VCI chemicals
- Provides protection during storage and transportation
- Transparent film provides see-through benefit for packed product
- Suitable for various plastic processes like monolayer/multilayer brown film extrusion, cast film extrusion, and extrusion coating
Safepack VCI Masterbatch is designed for manufacturing anti-corrosion VCI films. The VCI additives are partly based on chemicals with enough energy to release the active anti-corrosion molecules from the film and out in the environmental to protect the packed metal from corrosion.
SP is a blended polyethylene resin with a concentration of 3-9% by weight depending on the thickness of the film or application and requested shelf life. The length of protection anticipated by film containing VCI MB is 2 years when extruded with ideal processing guideline.